CyberDefenses is a leader in managed security services and provides our clients with a 24x7 Security Operations Center to monitor and respond to threats, as they appear. The Security Operations team also provides project-based services to clients, including security assessments and projects to improve the overall security posture of the clients. Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Security Operations Center Analyst 2 joins the team of security analysts and engineers that provide security services for CyberDefenses’ commercial clients. This team member must have deep experience and strong instincts in responding to and investigating diverse and challenging security issues, emerging from a wide range of client environments. This individual must embrace process and automation to constantly improve the capabilities and performance of the SOC team, while constantly driving for innovative and dynamic solutions. This role works out of our Round Rock, TX headquarters and requires approximately 25-50% travel to client locations. Candidates will need to pass a Department of Public Safety background check for our work with the State of Texas.
· Work as a member of the CyberDefenses Security Operation Center (SOC) and performing the duties on behalf of CyberDefenses and our clients
· Reviewing client logs and security events, responding to detected threats and hunting additional threats.
· Interacting directing with SOC Clients, helping to resolve client security concerns, escalating to senior team members, when necessary.
· Developing strong working relationships with support teams and management
· Join a team providing coverage 24x7 coverage for the Security Operations Center.
· Must be a US citizen and be able to obtain a Secret clearance
· At least 1 year of experience with Incident Management, Problem Management and Change Management processes
· At least 2 years of experience in cybersecurity operations and maintenance environment
· At least 2 years of experience in Security Event log monitoring
· At least 2 years of experience in Network/System traffic/event analysis
· At least 2 years of experience in Security Tools
· At least 1 year of experience in Intrusion Detection/Prevention Monitoring
· Good understanding of production IT Environment and IT Operations such as Intel / DBA/ Unix / Windows OS/Exchange and Remote Server Management domains etc
· Experience in Critical Situations Management
· Knowledge of Conflict Management techniques